- 1 How much is taxi from San Juan airport to cruise port?
- 2 How far is San Juan airport from cruise terminal?
- 3 Do you tip taxi drivers in Puerto Rico?
- 4 Is taxi cheaper than Uber?
- 5 Are taxis in Puerto Rico safe?
- 6 What days do cruise ships dock in San Juan?
- 7 Where should I stay in Puerto Rico before a cruise?
- 8 Is stuff cheaper in Puerto Rico?
- 9 Is it safe to walk in Old San Juan?
- 10 How much money should I take to Puerto Rico for a week?
- 11 Do you tip Uber drivers?
- 12 What is the cheapest Uber option?
- 13 Which is safer taxi or Uber?
How much is taxi from San Juan airport to cruise port?
The fixed fare to the cruise ship ports (per cab) is $ 21.00 according to fare zone 4. The attendant at the kiosk will give you the exact price and will write it down for the taxi driver (however, a fuel charge of $1.50 may be added).
How far is San Juan airport from cruise terminal?
Nearest Airport Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport SJU — San Juan is served by SJU airport, located 7 miles from the cruise ship docks.
Do you tip taxi drivers in Puerto Rico?
Yes, tipping taxi drivers is common practice in Puerto Rico and 10%-15% of the total should be sufficient. Tipping your tour guide between 15-20% is advised by not required in Puerto Rico.
Is taxi cheaper than Uber?
While Uber is generally cheaper than a taxi, once the surge ratio is around 1.4–1.6, you may be better off going with a regular taxi, according to Finder research. Since 2018, Uber has used an upfront pricing model, which means you’ll know the exact price you’ll pay upon booking.
Are taxis in Puerto Rico safe?
Taxis are safe in Puerto Rico, but they can be a little expensive too. The fares are set in main tourist zones (around Old San Juan) and from the airport. The best way to get yourself into a cab is to ask your accommodation. They’ll either be able to recommend a reputable company to you or just call one for you.
What days do cruise ships dock in San Juan?
Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the busiest Cruise Ship days, but there’s usually at least 1 ship every day.
Where should I stay in Puerto Rico before a cruise?
Luxury Hotels near San Juan Cruise Port
- La Concha Renaissance Resort. Those looking to splash out on a luxury hotel will appreciate the 4 star La Concha Renaissance.
- AC Hotel by Marriott.
- Hotel El Convento Old San Juan.
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino.
- Hyatt House Hotel San Juan.
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Miramar.
Is stuff cheaper in Puerto Rico?
While most things in Puerto Rico are cheaper than in the US, sales tax is higher, at 11.5%, so you will need to factor that into your purchasing decisions. The sales tax on prepared food is lower, though, at 7%, thanks to a new regulation that went into effect in October 2019.
Is it safe to walk in Old San Juan?
Old San Juan is considered to be a generally “safe” place to walk around. You will notice a large Police presence. This bilingual Police force (specially trained for the Old San Juan tourist area) will also help guide you on your way.
How much money should I take to Puerto Rico for a week?
A vacation to Puerto Rico for one week usually costs around $1,219 for one person. So, a trip to Puerto Rico for two people costs around $2,438 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $4,876 in Puerto Rico.
Do you tip Uber drivers?
Tipping is optional. You are free to add a tip, and drivers are free to accept tips. How do I leave my driver a tip? The easiest way to tip your driver is through the app.
What is the cheapest Uber option?
Uber Pool is the cheapest Uber service.
Which is safer taxi or Uber?
Generally, both taxis and ridesharing services are safe to use. As always, there is some level of risk when getting on the road, but that risk is fairly minimal when you take the proper steps to have a safe and comfortable ride.