- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
- 3 What grades do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 4 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 5 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 6 Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
- 7 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 8 How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
- 9 Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
- 10 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
- 11 What are the perks of working on a cruise ship?
- 12 Can you work on a cruise ship with a family?
- 13 How much does a cabin steward make on a cruise ship?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
In a nutshell: cruise ship work is actually really difficult. To be honest, it’s already hard enough to work at a restaurant on land. But at sea, it’s a whole other story. In fact, most cruise ship servers have to take care of up to 30 diners at the exact same time.
What grades do you need to work on a cruise ship?
Entry requirements You’ll usually need: 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
What are the perks of working on a cruise ship?
The Pros of Working on Cruise Ships
- You get paid to travel.
- Little to no cost of living.
- Free medical care.
- Flights to and from the ship are provided.
- Easily rack up airline flight miles.
- Short work commute.
- 6-8 week vacation in between contracts.
- Save money.
Can you work on a cruise ship with a family?
Types of Cruise Ship Jobs Modern cruise ships carry as many as 6,000 passengers in addition to thousands of staff members. Ship’s officers may be permitted to bring their families with them to live onboard, something that is usually not true for other employees.
How much does a cabin steward make on a cruise ship?
On the housekeeping side, a cabin steward salary can range between $650 and $1,150 per month, including gratuities, though on a luxury line the salary might exceed $2,000 per month once tips are factored in. A housekeeping floor supervisor is included in the tip pool on most lines, and takes home $1,300 or more.