- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
- 3 How can I get job in ship?
- 4 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 5 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 6 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 7 Can you live permanently on a cruise ship?
- 8 Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
- 9 Where do most cruise-ship employees come from?
- 10 Is working on a cruise-ship good money?
- 11 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise-ship?
- 12 What jobs are there on a ship?
- 13 What are the best cruise ship jobs?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
In a nutshell: cruise ship work is actually really difficult. To be honest, it’s already hard enough to work at a restaurant on land. But at sea, it’s a whole other story. In fact, most cruise ship servers have to take care of up to 30 diners at the exact same time.
How can I get job in ship?
Basic Requirements for Working on Cruise Ships
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have the relevant visa or work permit – depending on where you are from and which countries you will be travelling to:
- Meet the language requirements relevant to your position.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Can you live permanently on a cruise ship?
Not all ships allow full-time residents onboard, but many cruise lines make accommodations for seniors who want to become long-term passengers and remain on the same ship for months or even years at a time. There are regular social activities aboard the ship, including games and entertainment.
Who is the highest paid person on a cruise ship?
5 Highest-Paying Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Executive Chef.
- Cruise Director.
- Chief Purser.
- Hotel Director.
- Human Resources Manager.
Where do most cruise-ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.
Is working on a cruise-ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise-ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
What jobs are there on a ship?
How to Work on a Boat — Different Maritime Career Options
- General Crew. As general crew, you’re responsible for the hands-on work that gets done on deck.
- Marine Engineer.
- Deck Officer.
- Marine Cook.
- Land-Based Maritime Careers.
- Crossover Careers.
What are the best cruise ship jobs?
9 Best Jobs on a Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Captain. The cruise ship captain serves as the overall leader of the cruise.
- Gentleman Host. A gentleman host is one of the best jobs on a cruise ship for guys who love to dance.
- Shore Excursions Manager.
- Youth Counselor.
- Social Hosts and Hostess.
- Cruise Director.