- 1 What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
- 2 How do I start working on a cruise ship?
- 3 How much money do you make working on a cruise ship?
- 4 How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
- 5 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 6 What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
- 7 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 8 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 9 What are the benefits of working on a cruise ship?
- 10 Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
- 11 How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
- 12 Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
- 13 Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
- 14 How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
- 15 Is working on cruise ship fun?
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How do I start working on a cruise ship?
Get your first offer of contract, celebrate, and join your first ship!
- Figure out if a life at sea is for you.
- Assess which cruise line you would like to work for and which onboard position would be most suitable for you.
- Create your customized cover letter and associated resume.
- Interview and wait.
How much money do you make working on a cruise ship?
The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
How hard is it to work on a cruise ship?
In a nutshell: cruise ship work is actually really difficult. To be honest, it’s already hard enough to work at a restaurant on land. But at sea, it’s a whole other story. In fact, most cruise ship servers have to take care of up to 30 diners at the exact same time.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
What is the maximum age to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
Do cruise ship employees get free food? Yes, crew members receive free food for working onboard a ship, along with a cabin to sleep in (more on that later). Similar to the guests, crew members have their own buffet style restaurant to get their meals from throughout the day.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
What are the benefits of working on a cruise ship?
The Pros of Working on Cruise Ships
- You get paid to travel.
- Little to no cost of living.
- Free medical care.
- Flights to and from the ship are provided.
- Easily rack up airline flight miles.
- Short work commute.
- 6-8 week vacation in between contracts.
- Save money.
Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
Is There a Jail Onboard? While cruise lines don’t advertise their onboard policies or facilities for housing criminals, rest assured that every ship has a plan in place. It may involve house arrest in the offender’s cabin with posted guards or actual incarceration in a specific cell.
How many hours a day do cruise ship workers work?
Rather than working traditional five-day weeks, cruise-ship employees often work seven days a week for the duration of their contracts, which can range from about two months to 11 months. The hours can also be intense, from eight to nearly 20 hours a day.
Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
Staff members and officers will live on ‘A-deck’, which is just above the waterline. Most staff will have their own room which means a lot more privacy!
Where do most cruise ship employees come from?
Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees. There are several reasons why Filipinos make good cruise ship crew members. The Philippines has a strong maritime heritage, so many islanders are still drawn to a seafaring life.
How much is the salary of waiter in cruise ship?
Waiter / Waitress Salary Range: $2500-4200 U.S. per month depending on the cruise line, size of ship and gratuities from passengers. Possibilities for promotion to Dining Room Head Waiter / Waitress position.
Is working on cruise ship fun?
There’s a big party culture, but it isn ‘t always as fun as it seems. Cruise ships have a reputation for fostering a party culture among employees fueled by long hours and cheap drinks available at crew-only bars. “It can happen very quickly where you go from a social drink to self-medicating because of loneliness.”