- 1 What island is the Soggy Dollar Bar?
- 2 Do you need a passport for Soggy Dollar Bar?
- 3 Do you need a passport to go from St thomas to Jost Van Dyke?
- 4 How long is the ferry from St thomas to Jost Van Dyke?
- 5 Is Soggy Dollar Bar still there?
- 6 Who owns the Soggy Dollar Bar?
- 7 How do you get to the Soggy Dollar?
- 8 What is the best time of year to visit St Thomas?
- 9 What to know before traveling to the Virgin Islands?
- 10 Do you need passports for St John?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go from St Thomas to Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Do you need a passport for a cruise to the U.S. Virgin Islands?
- 13 How do you get around Jost Van Dyke?
- 14 How much is the ferry from Red Hook to St John?
- 15 Is there a ferry from St. Thomas to BVI?
What island is the Soggy Dollar Bar?
The Soggy Dollar is a world-renown beach bar and restaurant located directly on the beach in beautiful White Bay on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the BVI.
Do you need a passport for Soggy Dollar Bar?
Make sure you take a valid passport if you’re coming over from the USVI as all entering visitors are checked by BVI customs and immigration.
Do you need a passport to go from St thomas to Jost Van Dyke?
Do I need a passport to visit White Bay Villas on Jost Van Dyke? Yes, you need a valid passport to travel to Jost Van Dyke and also to get back to the US after your stay.
How long is the ferry from St thomas to Jost Van Dyke?
Jost van Dyke: 30 mins. St Thomas, Charlotte Amalie: 40 mins.
Is Soggy Dollar Bar still there?
If there’s one place that defines the Caribbean beach bar, one place that draws rum-loving pilgrims from around the world, it’s the Soggy Dollar Bar. But after closing due to damage from Hurricane Irma, the legendary spot on Jost Van Dyke’s White Bay has officially relaunched to serve up painkillers.
Who owns the Soggy Dollar Bar?
One of the island’s landmarks, the Soggy Dollar Bar, weathered the storm better than most of its neighbors. “A lot of our neighbors, a lot of the island will not have the means to rebuild,” said Jerry O’Connell, owner of the Soggy Dollar Bar and Sandcastle Hotel of the British Virgin Islands.
How do you get to the Soggy Dollar?
GETTING HERE | soggy-dollar. You can fly either into Tortola (Beef Island Airport) or St. Thomas. Getting to Soggy Dollar and the Sandcastle Hotel is easiest from Tortola, but airline fare variations and frequent flyer programs may make St.
What is the best time of year to visit St Thomas?
The best time to visit the U.S. Virgin Islands is April to June, when you can expect mild weather and very little rainfall. In the USVI’s peak season, from December to March, the temperature ranges from the mid-70s to high 80s with breezy evenings.
What to know before traveling to the Virgin Islands?
10 Things To Know Before Traveling to the US Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands
- Take day one REALLY slow and easy.
- The St Thomas airport can give you a heart attack.
- Pack less than you think you need.
- Verizon does not work.
- NEVER buy your rum at a tourist shop.
- Always say good morning/hello.
- Direct flights do exist.
Do you need passports for St John?
John is officially part of a territory of the United States, any citizen can enter and leave without a passport book or card, and of course no visa is required. A passport may not be required, but proof of citizenship is; an original or certified copy of your birth certificate with the seal must be presented.
Do you need a passport to go from St Thomas to Virgin Gorda?
These islands are US territories. If you travel directly to and from the US Virgin Islands, you do not need a US passport. The major islands are Tortola, Anegada, Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke. The United Kingdom owns these islands.
Do you need a passport for a cruise to the U.S. Virgin Islands?
Passports for U.S. Citizens are NOT required for the U.S. Virgin Islands, but you must be prepared to show evidence of citizenship upon leaving the territory (such as a government issued photo ID or your passport). Citizens of countries other than the U.S. should follow U.S. travel regulations.
How do you get around Jost Van Dyke?
Getting around on Jost Van Dyke
- Walk – You can walk everywhere on Jost Van Dyke but if you’re in the mood for something a little quicker
- Land Taxi – There are several taxi services available. Please contact our staff for assistance.
How much is the ferry from Red Hook to St John?
The shortest route is between Red Hook on St. Thomas and Cruz Bay on St. John. That trip costs only $6.00 each way, takes approximately 20 minutes and runs hourly between 6:00 am and Midnight.
Is there a ferry from St. Thomas to BVI?
As long as you have your passport, it’s easy to travel between St. Thomas and the British Virgin Islands via ferry. There is direct ferry service to several of the BVI’s from Red Hook. There is also service to Tortola from Charlotte Amalie.