- 1 What is it called when you work on a cruise ship?
- 2 What is working on a cruise like?
- 3 What are the qualifications needed for you to work on a cruise?
- 4 How much do you get paid to work on a cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
- 6 Is working on a cruise ship good money?
- 7 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 8 What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
- 9 Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
- 10 Which cruise ship pays best?
- 11 Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
- 12 Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
- 13 What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
What is it called when you work on a cruise ship?
Commonly Available Positions on Cruise Ships: Deck Crew. Cruise Directors. Disc Jockeys. Expedition Leaders. Hosts and Hostesses.
What is working on a cruise like?
While crew members do work long hours, the staff are treated quite well. Most ships these days offer very high-quality crew accommodation, along with several dining halls, crew bars, crew shops, Internet cafés, coffee bars, crew gyms, and party areas, all specifically for the crew.
What are the qualifications needed for you to work on a cruise?
To work on a cruise ship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 or 21 years old.
- Meet the language fluency requirements.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have the required visa or work permit.
- Have a basic safety training certificate.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a criminal background check.
How much do you get paid to work on a cruise ship?
So what can you expect to make? The majority of positions are based on an hourly wage and most employment opportunities on a cruise ship earn $1,200-$1,500 a month. There are though, a large number of positions that can make as much as $2,500 a month equating to $13 an hour.
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers?
Do cruise employees hook up with passengers? Despite what you may have seen on the television show, “The Love Boat”, crew members are strictly prohibited from any kind of relationships with passengers onboard. In fact, crew members are not allowed to go into passenger cabins unless there is an official reason.
Is working on a cruise ship good money?
A cruise-ship employee’s living costs can be much lower than those of a land-based worker, since they don’t have to pay rent or buy food. The 35 current and former cruise-ship employees who spoke with Business Insider had average monthly earnings of about $3,233 and median monthly earnings of about $2,600.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
Although there isn’t a maximum age to work on cruise ships, the unfortunate truth is that cruise lines don’t hire many applicants over the age of 35 years old. That said, there are crewmembers over the age of 35. Many are in management positions after making cruise ship life a career.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
The general rule is that tattoos should not be visible when cruise ship crews are in their uniform and in passenger areas. Tattoos on the neck – an increasingly common trend, and face – such as tribal tattoos – are highly discouraged and may not be permitted.
Which cruise ship pays best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Where do staff sleep on cruise ships?
Staff members and officers will live on ‘A-deck’, which is just above the waterline. Most staff will have their own room which means a lot more privacy!
Is working on a cruise ship tax free?
Do I pay tax working on a cruise ship? HM Revenue and Customs spokesman replies: If it’s less than or equal to your allowances, you shouldn’t be paying tax and may be due a refund.
What nationality are most cruise ship workers?
2. Filipinos are popular cruise ship workers. Filipinos, from the island nation in the South China Sea, are the largest single nationality employed by RCCL. In total, the company employs 11,000 Filipinos, making up 14 percent of its seagoing employees.